Digital Resources at South County High School - Parent Consent
Some of the digital resources your child may use this year require parental consent.
Parent Consent Form
Digital Resources at South County High School
This information is provided in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) to provide you with information about the measures FCPS takes to keep student data secure when using digital tools. By completing the digital form linked below, you provide permission for your child to use the FCPS-approved online tools listed below as part of an instructional program.
Fairfax County Public Schools uses a variety of resources to support student learning. In cases where FCPS contracts with a vendor to host student information, FCPS requires that the vendor adhere to the security and privacy requirements specified in a confidentiality agreement included in their contracts. FCPS does not have contracts with every instructional tool vendor. Many valuable instructional tools are governed by Terms of Service (TOS) and include both free and paid tools. Some of the digital resources your child may use this year require parental consent.
Listed below are the digital tools that are used at your child’s school that require parental approval, and not all tools will be used by every student. The tools have been carefully reviewed to ensure that they align with the FCPS Learning Model and FCPS conducts the same technical evaluations for all products that use student information.
For information about the specific tools that will be used by your child, please contact your child’s teachers. You will be notified if additional tools are added to this list and given the opportunity to opt-in to tools that require parental permission. Additionally, FCPS may use digital tools that do not collect, use or share any personal information.
You can find more information about FCPS’ commitment to student privacy at Digital Privacy in FCPS and a list of all approved digital tools is viewable online in the FCPS Digital Ecosystem Library which has links to the vendors’ privacy notices and other useful information.
This permission will expire at the end of this school year, and can be revoked at any time by contacting the school. If you have questions about any of the digital resources listed below, please contact your child’s school.
To provide your parental consent for each student in your family, please follow this link and follow the provided directions.
Tools that we use at South County High School are the following:
- Providing students with personalized learning experiences in core academic areas
- Tag and describe primary source documents from the National Archives
- eBook library assignable by subject or lexile with formative assessments
- Digital math curriculum with content ranging from middle school to AP Calculus.
- Digital books designed for World Languages courses
- Online tool to connect students around the world
- A selection of resources which go beyond the core services provided by Google Workspace for Education
- Practice assessments for the Microsoft Office Specialist certification exams
- Curriculum resources for business and marketing courses
- Software for analyzing data, developing algorithms, and creating models.
- Build mathematical models and solve problems
Digital primary source artifacts and other resources from the Newseum
- Science interactive simulations
- Polling website that engages students interactively in the classroom
- Curriculum, resources, and support for SEL (social-emotional learning)
- Learning tools for students, including flashcards, study, and game modes.
- Cross-robotics-platform programming language for educational robotic systems
- Resources to support business communication skills
- Resource for images, recordings, and texts to create online student lessons
- Career exploration resources
- Website for vocabulary instruction with online student friendly dictionary
- Digital worksheet builder lets students show learning in multiple ways
- Digital platform which pairs with the following online textbooks: The Musicians Guide to Theory and Analysis and Essentials of Comparative Politics