2022 Curriculum Programs & Academic Advising
SCHS Overview of Curriculum Programs & Academic Advising Timeline for 2022-2023
Week of January10th — Academic Days of Emphasis
Teachers will meet individually with students during each class to discuss course level options.
January 27th — "UPDATE" Curriculum Night
Our curriculum night will now be virtual…details will follow. An informational session will also be posted for rising 9th grade families.
Grade Level Curriculum Orientations
School counselors will meet with students in large groups to present information about course offerings, sequencing, prerequisites for specific courses, and graduation requirements.
- January 11th - Rising 12th grade: Student last names A-K during Advisory
- January 13th - Rising 12th grade: Student last names L-Z during Advisory
- January 25th @ 9:15 am - Rising 9th grade (Middle School)
- February 3rd during PE Classes - Rising 11th grade
- February 17th during PE Classes - Rising 10thgrade
Academic Advising Conferences
School counselors meet individually with their students to assist them in exploring their academic and postsecondary/career goals. Students will review their transcripts and select their courses for next school year.
- Friday, January 14th through Friday, January 28th - Rising 12th grade through USVA History classes
- Monday, February 7th through Wednesday, February 24th - Rising 11th grade through PE classes
- Thursday, February 24th through Thursday, March 3rd - Rising 10th grade through PE classes