2024 Curriculum Programs & Academic Advising
SCHS Overview of Curriculum Programs & Academic Advising Timeline for 2024-2025
January 4th and 5th - Academic Days of Emphasis
Teachers will meet individually with students during each class to discuss course level options.
January 24th- Curriculum Night 6:00-7:30 pm
There will be an informational session for rising 9thgrade families in the auditorium.
Grade Level Curriculum Orientations
School counselors will meet with students in large groups to present information about course offerings, sequencing, prerequisites for specific courses, and graduation requirements.
- January 9th in the auditorium - Rising 12th grade: Student last names A-K @ 9:50 am and Student last names L-Z @ 10:40 am
- January 30th at South County Middle School - Rising 9th grade
- January 31st in the auditorium - Rising 11th grade: Student last names A-K @ 9:50 am and Student last names L-Z @ 10:40 am
- February 16th in the auditorium - Rising 10thgrade: Student last names A-K @ 9:50 am and Student last names L-Z @ 10:40 am
Academic Advising Conferences
School counselors meet individually with their students to assist them in exploring their academic and postsecondary/career goals. Students will review their transcripts and select their courses for next school year.
- January 12 through January 24 - Rising 12th grade through USVA History classes
- February 5 through February 12 - Rising 11th grade through PE classes
- February 20 through February 26 - Rising 10th grade through PE classes
Students with an FCPS login can access our electives information here.