Senior Finance Obligations & Returns
Senior Financial Obligations
Senior dues must be paid via My School Bucks (school store) and the FCPSon Fee MUST be paid in MSB via credit card or echeck. These obligations must be done by Saturday, May 30th. If you have unpaid Student Class Fees (band, art, CTE, etc.) and/or other outstanding obligations, those have to be paid via cash or money order to the school during the Senior student item drop-off time frame. Payment of these other outstanding fees/obligations must be in exact change and put in a Ziploc bag that includes their full name and student ID number. At drop off, Seniors will turn in the following:
- Their laptop and charger
- Any outstanding obligation payments
These items must be submitted and all payments must be paid in order to receive your cap, gown, and diploma. We had staff members making courtesy calls to share what obligations exist May 19-May 21st so that families can plan for payment in advance.
Please be on the look-out for an email from Mr. Morris the weekend of May 22nd. The email will include the link to sign up through Sign-up Genius.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What if I can’t find my book? A staff member will be calling you on the week of May 19-21st and will have the cost of the items so you can pay at cap and gown distribution day.
- What if I think I turned my book into my teacher? You will need to email your teacher and resolve the issue. If your teacher is no longer at South County you will need to contact the appropriate Department Chair to resolve.The POC is listed on South County’s website along with their email.
- Where do I pay my Senior Dues? Senior dues are $60.00 and can be paid online through MySchoolBucks School Store by Saturday, May 30th. There is a tab on the SCHS Home page that will take you directly to the site. Senior dues have been adjusted to reflect the changes due to COVID19.
- What if I already paid my Senior Dues? If you paid your Senior Dues prior to COVID19, you will be issued a refund for the difference by June 30. Any questions regarding senior dues, please contact Ms. Erica Mack.
- Where do I pay my FCPSon Computer Fee? The FCPSon computer fee is $50.00 and must be paid online through MySchoolbucks via credit card or check. This is a Central County charge NOT a South County charge so to ensure proper posting to the central office it is HIGHLY encouraged to be paid through MySchoolBucks.
- Why am I just learning about these charges? Debt notices are printed and distributed to students every year before Winter break. Class Course Fees are explained at the start of school in the class syllabus. The FCPSon fee has been communicated through various platforms since July 2019. Senior Dues have been able to be paid since Stallion Stampede.
- How can I pay now? Senior dues and the FCPSon fee can be paid online until May 30th. All other obligations will need to be paid in cash or money order at pick up of Cap and Gown starting June 1-June 5. You will sign up for an appointment through Sign-up Genius. Mr. Morris will send out the email/link the weekend of May 23rd.
- How do I get my Cap and Gown? You will pick up your Cap and Gown through a scheduled appointment the first week of June. We will have a curbside drop off for textbooks, laptop, adapter, any school loaned items and payment station for unpaid obligations. Once everything is handled you will receive your cap and gown.
- How do I make payments after May 30th? There will be a payment section during distribution drop off. Payments must be made in cash only. Money needs to be placed inside a Ziploc bag with your name and student ID number on it. Payments will be verified and recorded at that time but we will not be handing out receipts or able to make change due to COVID19.