Procedures and Expectations
Expectations, borrowing privileges, computer and printer use, and more
- Students are to be respectful at all times of other students and classes.
- All FCPS and South County High School policies are to be observed in the library at all times.
During and After School Use:
- Students must have a pass from a classroom teacher or lunch period administrator to use the library during school hours.
- Students are required to sign in and sign out at the front desk when using the library during and after school hours.
- Each student must know his/her personal ID number in order to check out library materials or to use a library computer.
- Students may check out up to three books for three weeks. Books may be renewed.
- Reference books and magazines may be checked out for overnight use only. The items are due back before classes begin the following day.
- Students may not check out materials if they have any overdue materials.
- The replacement price is charged for lost or damaged items.
Computer and Printer Use:
- Use of the library computers is for educational purposes and in accordance with the FCPS Internet Acceptable Use Policy.
- Printing documents in black and white is free. Printing documents in color is 50 cents per page.