SAT School Day 2021- October 13, 2021
SAT School Day - Update and Pre-Survey Opt-Out
School Day Schedule
All FCPS high schools will operate on a two-hour early release schedule. High school academy courses and all high school shuttles will be canceled on this day.
FCPS transportation is available for all students participating in SAT School Day. Regular bus routes will be provided in the morning and after the early release. Families of students requiring alternate transportation arrangements due to accommodated testing will be contacted directly by the SAT School Day Coordinator.
SAT School Day Pre-Survey
At the beginning of the exam session, students see a voluntary pre-survey that asks questions about a variety of topics. You may opt out of this pre-survey for your student. You may view the pre-survey questions and access further information about this option on the SAT and PSAT Pre-Survey Opt-Out Policy webpage at https://www.fcps.edu/node/36639.
If you choose to opt your student out of the pre-survey, please notify Chris Bird ( email@example.com) by Friday, October 8, 2021, and include your student’s full legal name and FCPS ID number in the email. Please be sure your student knows they should not answer the pre-survey questions at the beginning of the test.
Subject: SAT School Day Intent to Participate
On Wednesday, October 13, South County High School twelfth graders will have the opportunity to take the SAT School Day. FCPS will cover the cost for any twelfth grade student to take this test. The essay option and subject area tests are not available during SAT School Day.
To reserve a seat for your twelfth grader to take this exam and ensure appropriate test materials are available for your student, families are asked to complete the form below by Wednesday, September 8.
South County High School: 2021 SAT School Day Intent to Participate Form
Your student will need to use a @fcpsschools.net email account to access and complete this form.
A translated version of the form content may be found on the SAT School Day Intent Form webpage (https://www.fcps.edu/node/43896). FCPS sites cannot accept walk-ins on the day of the exam.
General information about the SAT School Day test format is available on the College Board webpage (https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/taking-the-test/sat-in-school).
We will share exam day schedules and additional details in the coming weeks. If you have questions about the SAT School Day administration at South County High School, please contact Chris Bird, SCHS School Test Coordinator, at @email or at 703-446-1643.
Weekend SAT Testing – August 28, 2021
South County will be hosting the SAT on Saturday, August 28. Students must have registered through College Board to take these tests.
Updated Parking information for August 28
- Students with last names A-L taking the SAT should park in the front parking lot and check in at Entrance 1.
- Students with last names M-Z taking the SAT should park in the faculty parking lot and check in at Entrance 15.
Report to your designated SCHS entrance promptly at 7:30 AM. FCPS masking policy is implemented during testing. All students must wear a mask for the duration of the test, regardless of vaccination status.
Students must bring the following materials with them on the day of the exam, which are required to take the assessment.
- Photo ID – a method of identification including a picture that is NOT expired. Examples include:
- School Picture ID
- Driver’s License/Learner’s Permit with Picture
- College Board Test Ticket – Make sure picture on test ticket allows us to clearly identify you.
- Mask -
- Masks are required to be worn at all times. Please refer to the FCPS SAT, ACT, and PSAT Health & Safety Protocols page if you have further questions.
- Students must provide their own mask, and it will be inspected prior to testing.
- In compliance with FCPS regulation 2109, students may remove masks temporarily to drink or eat, when they are appropriately distanced.
- Per FCPS regulation 2109, any individual seeking exemption from the mask due to a medical condition, shall produce to school officials the written statement of his or her physician confirming that not wearing a mask is medically necessary.
- No. 2 pencils- do NOT bring bring mechanical pencils or pens – pencils will NOT be available on Test day
- Emergency contact information - this is simply a piece of paper with your name and a contact phone number in case of emergency (since many of us don’t have phone numbers memorized in this technological era anymore)
Students are permitted to bring the following materials.
- Hand sanitizers and/or wipes - May be taken into the exam room but must remain underneath the desk while the exam is underway
- Approved calculator - Schools will not provide calculators on the day of testing.
- Food/water - May be taken into the exam room but must remain underneath the desk while the exam is underway and may be accessed outside of the testing room only during breaks, unless a specific accommodation allows otherwise
Students are prohibited to use the following materials in the testing room and during breaks.
- Use of electronic devices is prohibited from the time the student is admitted to the building until they are dismissed at the end of the test, including break times. Specifically:
- Students may not handle or access a cell phone or electronic device at any time in the testing room or during break times. This includes smart watches, fitness bands, and any other devices with recording, internet, or communication capabilities.
- All devices, including cell phones and wearable devices, must be turned off and removed from the testing room
- Recommendation: do not bring your electronic device into the building!!!
Arrival and Check-In -
- Report to your designated SCHS entrance promptly at 7:30 AM.
- You will be turned away if you are not wearing a mask that meets FCPS guidelines or if you try to enter the testing site with materials that are not approved for testing.
- Walk-ins will not be permitted. Only students who have registered for the exam through College Board and have a test ticket confirming South County as their testing location will be allowed to test.
Maintain social distancing once you are in the classroom within your testing site. Keep your mask on during testing at all times, even during breaks. There may even be limitations on restroom use due to social distancing requirements.
Dismissal and Pick-Up
After you are finished testing and have submitted your appropriate materials, you will be dismissed from your testing room. You must leave your testing room while wearing your face covering and socially distancing from other testers and continue to do so until you are off of school grounds.
Approximate Dismissal Times
Subject Tests: varies depending on number of tests taken
SAT without essay: 12:30 PM
SAT with essay: 1:30 PM
SAT with extended time: 1:30 PM
If you have any questions about Saturday SAT procedures, please email the SAT Coordinator, Terri Smith, at @email.
If you have questions regarding the SAT Test itself, you can access the SAT Student Guide here for details.