Class of 2020 Senior Spotlight - Taiylor Russell
1) What has been your biggest disappointment/hardship since schools have been closed for the remainder of the academic year?
One of my biggest hardships of school being closed is that I do not get to hang out with my friends and share senior traditions.
2) What are your plans for the fall?
I am studying psychology at Christopher Newport University in the President’s Leadership Program.
3) How have your plans changed, if at all?
My plans haven’t changed, but I definitely considered how close my college was to my house.
4) What have you learned about yourself since the COVID-19 closures?
I have learned how to relax and prioritize/optimize my time. I have learned ways to cope with stress which will be very helpful for me in the future.
5) What is your passion?
I have a passion for helping people. I usually participate in community service all the time, but due to COVID-19 I have not.
6) Have you discovered a new passion in light of social distancing?
I am passionate about many things, but I’d say my biggest passion at the moment is baking and cooking.
7) What are your hopes for the future?
I hope to become a doctor or physician's assistant.
8) What are you most proud of about your school experience/best memory?
Winning first place in my group’s category for DECA. Unfortunately we can’t compete at ICDC.