2024 Virginia Summer Residential Governor’s School (SRGS)
The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) offers the opportunity for 10th and 11th grade students to apply to attend summer residential Governor’s schools in academics and Visual and Performing Arts (VPA). Students who are accepted into one of the programs will live in residence halls in one of the state colleges in VA for four weeks in the June - late July timeframe. To learn more about SRGS opportunities and the application process, visit the VDOE website and view the promotional video.
To be considered for an academic or VPA Governor’s school, students must complete the steps below.
- Complete the interest form linked below for either Academics or VPA. The form is a required part of the application process and is due November 3rd. No late entries will be accepted. When completing the form, enter a personal email address and do NOT use an fcpsschools.net email address. VDOE cannot send communications to the fcpsschools.net domain.
- Attend our school interest meeting which will take place on Monday, October 30th at 3pm in the library. Attendance at the meeting is optional but strongly encouraged.
- Complete the application for the specific program you wish to apply to and return to your school counselor who is supervising the Governor’s School application process.
- Academic applications are due to the school on December 8, 2023.
- VPA applications are due to the school on January 31, 2024.