Governor’s School is a Virginia summer enrichment program designed for highly motivated 10th and 11th grade students who are seeking a challenging summer experience. Programs are offered in the Visual and Performing Arts (Theatre, Vocal Music, Instrumental Music, Dance, Visual Art), Humanities, Math/Science/Tech, Agriculture, Health Science/Medicine, and Mentorships in Engineering and Marine Sciences.The selection process is extremely competitive. For the academic programs, most students selected rank in the top 10% of their class and have scored in the 90th percentile on standardized measures of ability or achievement tests. VPA candidates are required to compete in a regional adjudication where they will be evaluated on their performance and/or portfolio. These residential programs are housed at various universities around the state and typically run from late June to early August so students must be available during this time.
1. Complete the Google Form link below to declare your interest for the 2019 Summer Residential Governor’s School. by November 2nd, 2018. ( NO late submissions will be accepted.)
You must fill all sections and complete for the following reasons:
- The form establishes your contact details for your High School Governor’s School representative.
- This will provide district level communication to both you and your designated school contact to allow for an efficient application process.
**Below is the PowerPoint presentation from the Governor's School interest meeting.
2. Fill out the appropriate application. Use the links below to take you to the program applications for the summer of 2019.
This fillable application form needs to be completed, printed and delivered by:
- ACADEMICS AND MENTORSHIPS: BY DECEMBER 12, 2018 TO MS. FREEMAN or MS. MACK. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- VPA: BY JANUARY 25, 2019 TO MS. MACK or MS. FREEMAN. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Link to the applications: Applications (Please note that each program has a unique application)
- 2019 Application for Agriculture
- 2019 Application for Engineering
- 2019 Application for Humanities
- 2019 Application for Marine Science
- 2019 Application for Math Science and Technology
- 2019 Application for Medical and Health Sciences
- 2019 Application Visual and Performing Arts