Governor’s School is a Virginia summer enrichment program designed for highly motivated 10th and 11th grade students who are seeking a challenging summer experience. Programs are offered in Visual and Performing Arts, Humanities, Math/Science/Tech, Agriculture, Life Science/Medicine, and Mentorships in Engineering and Life Sciences. The selection process is extremely competitive. For the academic programs, most students selected rank in the top 10% of their class and have scored in the 90th percentile on standardized measures of ability or achievement tests. These residential programs run from late June to late July so students must be available during this time.
1. Complete the Google Form link below to declare your interest for the 2018 Summer Residential Governor’s School. (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSegl4MIMYqR9Mo2GM1O_GCWuKGg1en3mXJMPltXR7IIOggEzw/viewform?usp=send_form) form by November 1st, 2017 (no late submissions will be accepted)
You must fill all sections and complete for the following reasons:
- The form establishes your contact details to for your High School governor’s school representative. Find your school’s SRGS representative
- This will provide district level communication to both you and your designated school contact to allow for an efficient application process.
2. Fill out the appropriate application. Use the links below to take you to the program you would like to apply to for the summer of 2018.
This fillable application form needs to be completed, printed and delivered by:
- ACADEMICS AND MENTORSHIPS: BY DECEMBER 1, 2017 TO MS. GALLIVAN or MS. NOREM. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- VPA: BY JANUARY 19, 2018 TO MS. GALLIVAN or MS.NOREM. NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Link to the applications:
Applications (Please note that each program has a unique application)
- 2018 Application for Agriculture (Word)
- 2018 Application for Engineering (Word)
- 2018 Application for Humanities (Word)
- 2018 Application for Marine Science (Word)
- 2018 Application for Mathematics, Science, and Technology (Word)
- 2018 Application for Medicine and Health Sciences (Word)
- 2018 Application for Visual and Performing Arts (Word)