SAT School Day 2021- October 13, 2021
Please arrive at South County High School between 7:50 and 8:00 AM (normal school arrival time). Busses will be running their normal morning routes.
Make sure you bring a mask and wear it at all times within the building. Room Assignments were sent directly to seniors this week via their @FCPSschools.net email accounts.
Planning for SAT School Day - What to Bring
Students must bring the following materials with them on the day of the exam, which are required to take the assessment.
- Student ID – a method of identification including a picture. Examples include:
- School Picture ID- your school ID (this year or last year’s) is acceptable
- Driver’s License with Picture
- You do NOT need a testing ticket for this test.
- Mask - Masks are required to be worn at all times.
- No. 2 pencils- do NOT bring mechanical pencils or pens – pencils will NOT be available on Test day
- Emergency contact information - this is simply a piece of paper with your name and a contact phone number in case of emergency (since many of us don’t have phone numbers memorized in this technological era anymore)
Students are permitted to bring the following materials.
- Hand sanitizers and/or wipes - May be taken into the exam room but must remain underneath the desk while the exam is underway
- Approved calculator - Schools will not provide calculators on the day of testing. Further details regarding approved calculators can be found here .
- Food/water - May be taken into the exam room but must remain underneath the desk while the exam is underway and may be accessed outside of the testing room only during breaks, unless a specific accommodation allows otherwise
Students are prohibited to use the following materials in the testing room and during breaks.
- Use of electronic devices is prohibited from the time the student is admitted to the building until they are dismissed at the end of the test, including break times. Specifically:
- Students may not handle or access a cell phone or electronic device at any time in the testing room or during break times. This includes smart watches, fitness bands, and any other devices with recording, internet, or communication capabilities.
- All devices, including cell phones and wearable devices, must be turned off and placed out of sight
More information regarding the SAT School Day can be found in the SAT School day Guide. Hard copies of this document are available in the Student Services office.
Grab and go breakfast will be available in the cafeteria before the test.
Once you are dismissed, grab and go lunch will be available and busses will be running all normal routes at 12:45 PM.
Please make sure you are in your test room no later than 8:10 AM on Wednesday, October 13.
SAT School Day - Update and Pre-Survey Opt-Out
School Day Schedule
All FCPS high schools will operate on a two-hour early release schedule. High school academy courses and all high school shuttles will be canceled on this day.
FCPS transportation is available for all students participating in SAT School Day. Regular bus routes will be provided in the morning and after the early release. Families of students requiring alternate transportation arrangements due to accommodated testing will be contacted directly by the SAT School Day Coordinator.
SAT School Day Pre-Survey
At the beginning of the exam session, students see a voluntary pre-survey that asks questions about a variety of topics. You may opt out of this pre-survey for your student. You may view the pre-survey questions and access further information about this option on the SAT and PSAT Pre-Survey Opt-Out Policy webpage at https://www.fcps.edu/node/36639.
If you choose to opt your student out of the pre-survey, please notify Chris Bird ( [email protected]) by Friday, October 8, 2021, and include your student’s full legal name and FCPS ID number in the email. Please be sure your student knows they should not answer the pre-survey questions at the beginning of the test.
Subject: SAT School Day Intent to Participate
On Wednesday, October 13, South County High School twelfth graders will have the opportunity to take the SAT School Day. FCPS will cover the cost for any twelfth grade student to take this test. The essay option and subject area tests are not available during SAT School Day.
To reserve a seat for your twelfth grader to take this exam and ensure appropriate test materials are available for your student, families are asked to complete the form below by Wednesday, September 8.
South County High School: 2021 SAT School Day Intent to Participate Form
Your student will need to use a @fcpsschools.net email account to access and complete this form.
A translated version of the form content may be found on the SAT School Day Intent Form webpage (https://www.fcps.edu/node/43896). FCPS sites cannot accept walk-ins on the day of the exam.
General information about the SAT School Day test format is available on the College Board webpage (https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/taking-the-test/sat-in-school).
We will share exam day schedules and additional details in the coming weeks. If you have questions about the SAT School Day administration at South County High School, please contact Chris Bird, SCHS School Test Coordinator, at @email or at 703-446-1643.