SCHS and FCPS maintain an online scholarship database through Naviance Student, which is accessed through a student's Blackboard account. Click here for step-by-step visual instructions.
In addition, several databases exist to help students search for scholarships. Many students also find these reputable sites helpful in their search:
- The SmartStudent Guide to Financial Aid
- Petersons College Scholarship Search
- College Board Scholarship Search
- Sallie Mae Scholarship Search
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- UNCF Scholarships
Scholarship Scams - Warning Signs
If you find in your search that a scholarship includes any of the following, it is wise to be wary of a potential scam:
- Scholarship has "fees"
- Scholarship is "guaranteed"
- Scholarship is exclusive - "you can't get this information anywhere else"
- Scholarship is unsolicited - "you're a finalist"
- Application requires credit card or bank account information