Ms. Lucy Blesi, awarded Region 4 Outstanding New Secondary Teacher!
Congratulations to SCHS English Teacher Lucy Blesi, who was recognized as the Region 4 2022-23 Region 4 Outstanding New Secondary Teacher and one of the five finalists for the FCPS Outstanding New Secondary Teacher at this year's FCPS Honors event.
Ms. Blesi is a first year English teacher that has made a positive and powerful impact within our SCHS community. She has built strong relationships with her peers as she has been open to learning and sharing ideas, collaborating on lesson plans and student matters, and overall a supportive team member. In addition, she has developed nurturing and trusting relationships with her students as she has been identified by quit a few students as a "Trusted Adult"
Nominees for this award are teachers who:
- Exhibit superior instructional skills
- Interact exceptionally well with students
- Demonstrate excellent ability to communicate and engage with faculty, staff, parents and the community
- Foster an environment where diversity in all of its forms is valued and appreciated and demonstrate keeping equity at the center of their work
- Contribute to one or more of the following Ignite Goals, in the FCPS Strategic Plan:
- Student Success
- Caring Culture
- Premier Workforce
- Resource Stewardship
Way to go Ms. Blesi - All the best at the FCPS Honors event!