SAT Weekend Testing
Weekend SAT Testing
March 12, 2022 - Update
Due to inclement weather, South County High School had to cancel the March 12 SAT Test session. College Board gave one option for South County to have a make-up for that test date: Saturday, March 26. South County did not have the staffing available to hold the test on March 26. College Board requires schools to have specific numbers of each position (coordinator, proctor, and hall monitor) to execute the test according to their specifications, and South County did not have the staff available to meet that requirement.
Refunds for the March 12 Test date can be requested from College Board.
The next SATs that are hosted at South County will be on May 7, June 4, and August 27.
Updated Parking information
- Students with last names A-L taking the SAT should park in the front parking lot and check in at Entrance 1.
- Students with last names M-Z taking the SAT should park in the faculty parking lot and check in at Entrance 15.
Report to your designated SCHS entrance promptly at 7:30 AM.
Students must bring the following materials with them on the day of the exam, which are required to take the assessment.
- Photo ID – a method of identification including a picture that is NOT expired. Examples include:
- School Picture ID
- Driver’s License/Learner’s Permit with Picture
- College Board Test Ticket – Make sure picture on test ticket allows us to clearly identify you.
- No. 2 pencils- do NOT bring bring mechanical pencils or pens – pencils will NOT be available on Test day
- Emergency contact information - this is simply a piece of paper with your name and a contact phone number in case of emergency (since many of us don’t have phone numbers memorized in this technological era anymore)
- Note - Masks are no longer required at South County High School for SAT Weekend testing. Students who choose to wear a mask may have to lower it briefly in order to verify identification at their assigned building entrance and upon arriving at their testing room.
Students are permitted to bring the following materials:
- Hand sanitizers and/or wipes - May be taken into the exam room but must remain underneath the desk while the exam is underway
- Approved calculator - Schools will not provide calculators on the day of testing.
- Food/water - May be taken into the exam room but must remain underneath the desk while the exam is underway and may be accessed outside of the testing room only during breaks, unless a specific accommodation allows otherwise
Students are prohibited to use the following materials in the testing room and during breaks:
- Use of electronic devices is prohibited from the time the student is admitted to the building until they are dismissed at the end of the test, including break times. Specifically:
- Students may not handle or access a cell phone or electronic device at any time in the testing room or during break times. This includes smart watches, fitness bands, and any other devices with recording, internet, or communication capabilities.
- All devices, including cell phones and wearable devices, must be turned off and removed from the testing room
- Recommendation: do not bring your electronic device into the building!!!
Arrival and Check-In -
- Report to your designated SCHS entrance promptly at 7:30 AM.
- You will be turned away if you are not wearing a mask that meets FCPS guidelines or if you try to enter the testing site with materials that are not approved for testing.
- Walk-ins will not be permitted. Only students who have registered for the exam through College Board and have a test ticket confirming South County as their testing location will be allowed to test.
Dismissal and Pick-Up
After you are finished testing and have submitted your appropriate materials, you will be dismissed from your testing room. You may not access any electronic device until you are off of school grounds.
Approximate Dismissal Times
SAT with standard time: 12:30 PM
SAT with extended time: 1:30 PM
If you have any questions about Saturday SAT procedures, please email the SAT Coordinator, Terri Smith, at @email.
If you have questions regarding the SAT Test itself, you can access the SAT Student Guide here for details.