Technology Info for SCHS Families
Laptop distribution for students at SCHS
- Laptops will be distributed to SCHS students during the first week of school via their English classes. All new students to FCPS will receive their username and password to log into their laptops at that time. Please review the Student Device Responsible Use Guidelines to read about the guidelines ad procedures for checking out an FCPS Device.
Parental Consent for students to use Digital Resources
- Parents/Guardians: We need your consent - Teachers will use a variety of digital resources to help students learn during the 2023-24 school year. These digital resources have been checked and approved by Fairfax County Public Schools. Please provide your consent for your student to use these resources through the following: The Parental Digital Consent System. To access this system, parents/guardians will need a SIS Parentvue username and password. We encourage you to complete the parental consent for digital resources form as soon as possible as your child will not be able to use certain digital resources until we have received your permission.
If you need support with filling out the parental consent web form, please access the following: How to fill out the Digital Consent Parent Form
SIS ParentVUE Accounts
- New families to FCPS should receive a letter in the mail regarding the SIS ParentVue Account and activation key in mid August and even through September depending when a family registered their child. The activation key does have an expiration date so it is important to set up the SIS ParentVue account as soon as possible. If a parent or guardian believes they did not receive a letter or is concerned that they do not have a SIS ParentVue account at the start of school, they can request assistance with obtaining a new or replacement activation key by submitting this online request at https://itweb.fcps.edu/itsupport/parent/ . Additional information can be found on the SIS Parentvue Account page.
Sign up for Weekly Report to monitor your child's browsing activity on their FCPS laptop
- Parents can get information about their child's activity on their FCPS laptop. Sign up to receive a weekly Parent Report from Lightspeed, our internet content filtering service, which will provide a list of the top sites the child visited that week.
What should my child do if they need support for their laptop ?
- Each school has a Technology Support Specialist (TSSpec: pronounced T-speck) that provides support to the staff and students for FCPS devices at that school. If your child has a technology issue with his/her assigned FCPS device while at school, he/she can visit the TSSpec’s office in D110 before school and/or during any lunch period. If your child is having a technology issue with the FCPS device at home, please visit the Technology Support for Families page, where you can find tips for common problems or enter a support request ticket for your child.